Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Paging Doctor Freud! Paging Doctor Freud!

I didn't have a midnight snack... so I really can't blame this one on food.

Woke myself up by yelling, "Becky! Wake up!"

Why was I yelling at myself like Alice in Wonderland?

I was dreaming about alien abductions, of all things.

In the dream, I was at the beach, browsing through a fabric/arts and crafts store for curtains material (why I would be doing that on my vacation, I don't know) when I bumped into Julia Roberts. Then I spied I lady from church, and we started browsing fabrics together. We got to the door of the store and looked up to see kind of a greenish glow and the outline of *something*, probably an airplane, just made scarier or obscured by the clouds in the night sky.

No sooner had we made a joke about our UFO than the thing flipped, showed itself to be completely unlike any human-made aircraft, and landed on the beach.

Then it started shooting green beams of light out, with which it snatched up groups of people. At first it missed the church lady and I, but on about the third beam, we were sucked in.

I found myself standing in front of a large square of metal, in a metal room -- not unlike the inside of a bank vault. On the square in front of me were two lines of text and two levers. The first lever moved, and the text of the top line spun until it read, "Keep" (I think it had at first said "Return," then "Trash"). Then the second lever moved, and the bottom line spun. "Operate" was passed up in favor of something else - I can't remember what - and finally it came to rest on "Kickboxing."

At this point, I decided I needed to wake up, because the vault door was about to open and I didn't want to see what a kickboxing alien looked like.

Now, I ask you... why the heck did this scare the crap out of me? I don't know... but I do know I'm not listening to any more George Norry anytime soon. I obviously don't need any help coming up with weird stuff for my dreams!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home