Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Why Ask Why?

A welcome reminder today in the most unlikely of places.

Attended the funeral of a friend's baby. I expected it to be pretty depressing for the obvious reasons. But my pastor offered hope in a place I didn't expect to find it. He reminded me that comfort doesn't come in knowing the answer to the question, "Why?"

It comes in trusting that the One who made us all knows best.

I don't believe that baloney about God never giving us more than we can bear or that all things happen for a reason. They're cold comfort at a time like this. But it helps to remember that even in pain, even in heartache and hardship, God holds us close to his own heart.

What a great place to rest.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home