Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Friday, July 22, 2005

No Slave to Fashion Here

Can I be a hundred percent honest?

I despise flip-flops. I don't just dislike them. I don't merely hate them. I despise them.

Ditto for the low riding pants, belly button rings, crop tops, and tank tops. And don't even get me started on the whole "wear a tank top with spaghetti straps and it's okay to let your fuzzy, icky-looking bra strap show" thing.

Have we lost our minds?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating chastity belts. (By the way, don't google that. It's not pretty.) But I do miss the days of the plain old t-shirts, jeans and sneakers look. Leisure time has become increasingly uncomfortable for me. I feel overdressed.

I know I'm not the only one.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said…

    I really, really have to agree... I know you've had to have heard about the bunch of college students who went to the White House and were in the Oval Office wearing flip-flops?

    I'm begining to wonder if ANYONE has a mirror in thier home anymore...

    And the hairstyles... Women are actually spending money on these dos? The new style: "I woke up, I liked it... That'll be fifty bucks!"

    I know I'm dating myself here but I miss the 80's hair...

    http://www.featheredback.com/thestart.html

    I wear exactly what I wore in highschool... Wranglers, t-shirts, sneakers or boots.

    Comfy and never out of fashion!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Martin said…

    I'm a guy, so I like the tight tanks, the short tee's and the low jeans.

    Plus, my girlfriend has a bellybutton piercing, and let me tell you ... hours of fun!

    Cheers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home