Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Sometimes It Gets You Right Between the Eyes

In my inbox this morning: "Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it-he will be blessed in what he does." (James 1:23-25 NIV)

I subscribed to a Bible-reading-of-the-day e-mail service at http://www.ibs.org a while back, to help supplement my own studies. It's the kind of thing I do to try and make sure I at least get a little Bible study into my schedule, even if this verse is the only thing I manage to get read.

Can I just make myself a list now of the ways this particular reading is just absolutely speaking to me? Let me count the ways, please. Ouch!

Sometimes what you need to know comes at you out of nowhere. Now it's what I do with the reminder that's so much more important than the reminder itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home