Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Bovine Beagle Strikes Again

Maybe I shouldn't find this so funny, but Charlie's way of mooing just cracks me up. If you haven't read about Charlie yet, scroll down to check out "My Dog Can Moo... Can You?" and Charlie's picture.

Had to give Charlie a bath last night. Beagles have what my husband describes as a "distinctive houndy odor". It's not exactly a bad smell... more of an earthy smell. Probably evidence of Charlie's love of the outdoors and rolling in the dirt more than anything else. Anyway, beagles don't need super-frequent bathing, but as I have family coming in this weekend... bathtime for Charlie.

I've never heard so much mooing in all my life. And there's not a cow in sight. And we weren't singing "Old MacDonald" with the toddler, either.

It's kind of a low-pitched grumble... not really a growl, Charlie's too gentle and laid-back to growl. He just grumbles, that's the best way I can describe it. Like a cow who's got a little attitude.

But what's so funny about Charlie is, he's a stoic. He grumbles... but he puts up with whatever we throw at him. Bath time, clipping his toe nails, brushing, even being moved off of my side of the bed... whatever we require of the pooch, he grumbles... but he lets us do it without putting up a fight.

Poor little fella.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home