Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

This Is the Book that Never Ends

I've been writing a book for what seems like 30 years now. Pretty impressive when you consider I'm not going to be thirty myself for another two-and-a-half years (but who's counting?).

This is rewrite number five. I'm not making that up. At this rate, it'll be published posthumously.

It's really easy to get discouraged looking at it like that, but isn't life the same way? You make mistakes, you try again. You fall down, you get up. And you always keep the white-out on hand.

I started this blog roughly a year ago, and I'm not much further along now than I was then. It's one step forward... one step back... and a shuffle to the side on occasion. But you know what? That's OK. I'll get there eventually. This has been a year of learning for me, a year of growth and change. And if the heroine of my novel and her sister never make up... well, at least I'm the better for the journey.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said…

    I've been doing the same thing... But I only get about three chapters into it and toss the whole thing.

    That and I've had to change the story over and over so many times because of local and global politics have changed. Like the Cold War ending... (Who'd a thunk it?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home