Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It's Official...

The world is full of weirdos and wackos, and they all listen to my radio station between three a.m. and seven a.m.

Seriously, some of the strangest stuff you will EVER hear on the air is on after midnight. And the shows have an audience to match.

We have one guy who routinely calls us to berate the on-air staff (the not-so-weird staff who are on the air after five a.m. but have to get here at three a.m. to prepare) for minor offenses like whether it's mostly clear or partly cloudy.

I've had little old ladies call me to ask for directions.

And people who want to know whether the Cleveland Kinsman-Redeemers beat the Peoria Holy-Rollers in overtime.

All of this, mind you, in the wee small hours of the morning. The listeners we have during daylight hours aren't any less prone to calling us, but they seem to call for more reasonable reasons. Well, usually. But I digress...

FIND THE INTERNET! It's the information super-highway. I don't call YOU at work to ask you stupid questions. Don't call me at work to ask me stupid questions! This is what Google is for, people.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said…

    Becky,

    Sounds like you've found the "Nut Magnet" I've been carrying around since I was a the police department...

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home