Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Leaky Plumbing a Mixed Blessing

So I'm feeling tons better... the headache's *mostly* gone, my air flow seems increased, and my voice didn't change dramatically (which would have been tragic, given my career in radio news!).

Except.

Except that I'm rinsing out my nose with a salt-water-and-baking-soda mix every few hours, and it's having a unique side effect. Sometimes up to an hour after I've rinsed everything out, I'll bend my head over or tilt my head to the side, and be rewarded with a flood of the rinse with no warning! I'm terrified this will happen while I'm on the air or using a computer, and I'll damage critically important equipment.

But I am getting used to it, and have learned to keep a tissue in my pocket, ready at a moment's notice to catch the drip. I guess human beings can adapt to just about anything! It could be so much worse, right? I mean, I could still have the chronic infective sinusitis.

Come to think of it... a little leaky plumbing isn't so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home