Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

No Time for Music?

I told a friend this week how glad I am to finally have my piano back. It's been at my dad's house since we moved down here, but this past weekend we drove "home" to get it.

"Wow," said the friend. "I never have time for music. That's so interesting."

No time for music? Are you kidding me? That's like... oxygen. I think I'd suffocate if I didn't have it around me. It's how I express the things I can't put into words. It's how I blow off steam. It's how I tell someone I love them.

Can you imagine if Dizzy Gillespie... Duke Ellington... Billie Holliday... Nat King Cole... hadn't had time for music?

What about Beethoven... Bach... Tchaikovsky... Rimsky-Korsakov... Chopin... Debussy... Mozart?

What if God hadn't had time for music? Don't the stars and the grass and the birds cry out to you with all the splendor of a symphony?

I will always have time for music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home