Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I'll Rise, But I May Need Some Help to Shine!

The good news is, a colleague has made the big time. She's headed to the big city - which in my line of work doesn't happen by accident. You have to be good.

The bad news is... at least temporarily, I'm working her shift. Three a.m. till noon.

Three a.m.! Even my dog doesn't get up that early. Even the toddler doesn't get up that early. At that point in the day, it's not so much "bright and early" as it is "dark and early."

That said, I work with a phenomenal team, so I am really blessed to be considered talented enough to take on morning duties and work in close quarters with these folks. For small-market radio, it's huge talent - our host could probably work in a big city if he took the notion. I was asked to do the mornings with him full-time, and I even considered it... but I decided I probably can't do this shift long term. My son needs me to be alert.

So when you roll out of bed at seven... think about how I've already been up for five hours and on the air for two by the time your alarm starts buzzing.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home