Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Yeah, September!

I love September, and for more than merely selfish reasons (though, as a Blizzard Baby - do the math - it is my birth month). It's so exciting to know that leaves will soon start to become fiery, vibrant, lush colors and that the air will become crisp and cool.

I love to pull my sweaters out of the closet for another season's use.

I love to snuggle under the extra quilt I know I'll have to be putting on the bed soon enough.

And to be honest, there's a side of me that really misses being a school-girl... that misses the crunch of the leaves under my feet on the sidewalk, backpack strapped on tight, as I walked home from school everyday.

Thank you, God, for the autumn to come!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Donna J. Shepherd said…

    I love the fall, too. I got married in September, and even though the leaves are falling and it signals the end of summer, I still feel a sense of expectancy - possibly because of the days of starting a new school year, and of course, the holidays are coming! They seem to get here so fast! Today I bought two beautiful angels in holiday boxes. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home