Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Guilt and the Southern Woman

What is it about Southern women that we like to wallow in guilt?

Is it nature or nurture?

I went back to work because I was depressed and unpleasant to be around when I stayed home exclusively with my son, but of course I feel guilty over the decision.

Southern women tend to be champions at harboring - and serving - guilt. It's not enough to put together a big meal for the family unless you manage to make everyone else feel guilty for failing to help... but then you feel guilty for sharing and spreading the guilt.

Tell me it's not just me. Tell me I'm not nuts.

Of course, I do feel guilty for dumping on you like this... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home