Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Anybody Seen My Flippers?

It's a good day to be a duck out there.

Virginia's pretty far removed from the Florida Panhandle, but it seems Bonnie and Charley are still bringing loads of the wet stuff here. It's been crazy wet, dumping an inch of rain an hour at times this afternoon... making me wish I'd had the good common sense to wear flippers instead of these flimsy dress shoes.

It makes me want to build an ark.

Isn't it nice, though, to remember God's promise through Noah at times like these? Never again, He said. I believe it. This storm, too, will have a rainbow... and I already see the silver lining in the clouds.

I still have the urge to go hunting up a stockpile of ark-building wood, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home