Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Lest We Forget

I had the chance a few weeks ago to visit Ground Zero for the first time.

For a rare moment, I was speechless.

It was one thing to experience the horrible attacks of that day from the relative safety (as safe as any of us can be, anyway) of my home. It was another thing entirely to stand on a spot and know it represents the murders of nearly three thousand people. And to know at the same time there were hundreds of others... also murdered... at the Pentagon and in Pennsylvania.

I hope we never forget that day. I don't care what side you're on when it comes to Iraq or anything else... all of us are on the same side when it comes to terrorists attacking our nation. Let's stand together and resolve not ever to become complacent or blase about what happened on 9.11.2001.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home