Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Now That Was Just Uncalled For

I had to go delete a comment from someone just now.

You try and do something nice in the world like post a link to a reputable, good cause... and spammers come along and post obscene comments on the freakin' blog! Way to nullify the good deed and cheapen the whole effect, evil-spammer-person.

To keep that from happening again, I've changed the settings so people who make comments on my blog have to sign in and do a word verification. I hate having to do that, but... since I don't particularly care to have my blog associated with obscene spamming, that's just the way it'll have to be.

Dang it.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said…

    I've been getting them for a while Becky and I was forced to do the same thing...

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Martin said…

    I've only gotten one spam comment so far, so I'm not implementing it just yet.

    It won't be long, though, I'm sure of that.

    Cheers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home