Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Doctor Toenails; Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Tantrum

"You can’t fight in here, this is the War Room!" – President Merkin Muffley (Peter Sellers)



Do you know how impossible it is to get a 2.575 year old to sit still so you can trim his finger- and toenails?

Freakin' impossible.

You might as well join Peter Sellers and the gang in Kubrick's classic Dr. Strangelove in trying to prevent nuclear holocaust as get Sam the Man to let you come near him with the clippers.

Fine. It's not worth my time. Let his fingernails get black with icky dirt. Let his toenails get long enough that his shoes don't fit. I give up.

Next time, it's Daddy's turn to deal with it! I'll be out mowing the yard.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said…

    "I think a bunch of you preverts got a hold of the general..."

    - Col. Batguano

    One of my all time favorites!

    The movie, not triming a two year old's toenails...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home