Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Will Only Say This Once

You know you're really looking bad on the basketball court when a five foot tall white girl is sitting on her couch telling you to pass. the. dag. gone. ball!

My beloved Cats have sunk to a new low.

First there was this, a mediocre Kansas team that blew out my boys in blue and looked bored doing it.

My jaw felt permanently attached to the floor as I watched, in horror. The guys didn't pass. They didn't dribble. They were barely there at all.

I wrote it off as a fluke.

I can't write it off as a fluke anymore. Vandy beat us at Rupp. VANDY! BEAT! THE! UNIVERSITY! OF! KENTUCKY! AT! FREAKIN! RUPP! FREAKIN! ARENA!

Do you know that's never happened before? The last time Vanderbilt won in Lexington was two years before Rupp Arena even existed, in the early 70's, before I was born.

I officially declare my beloved team kaput.

Somebody please offer Tubby Smith a job somewhere else.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home