Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Ode to Duct Tape



Oh, Duct Tape. How I love you. You are strong, versatile... sure, a little sticky. But still, who could begrudge you a little stickiness when you accomplish so much?

I saw a picture this week of the Discovery crew and the wall of gadgets and gizmos and buttons behind them. Amidst all that was something oddly familiar... a little shiny... was that?... it IS! It's duct tape! I wish I could find the picture to show you, but it proves what I've known for years:

"Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together." - Carl Zwanzig

1 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said…

    Contents of my tool kit:

    Hammer

    Screwdriver (phillips & slot)

    Plyers

    Duct Tape

    What else do you need?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home