Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Happy Birthday

It's my birthday today.

My spiritual birthday.

It's a time to reflect on the day so many years ago when I dedicated my life to the Lord, and told him he was my personal savior.

It was the unthinking, yet earnest, act of a child at the time. But it has come to mean so much more.

No matter what things are going on, it all boils down to this: God so loved me that he sent his child to die for my sins. Now that I have a son of my own, the verse is fresh. Could I offer up my own, precious Sammy... for the greater good? I doubt it. Yet that's what was done for me!

Words can't describe it, so I'll echo Paul... thanks be to God for his indescribable gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home