Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Anger = Danger?

You ever notice that anger is only one letter away from danger?

I'm really struggling with this right now. Things that shouldn't frustrate me at all seem to be easily boiling me over. Things that would be just irritating to someone else seem to be so much more to me.

Even Jesus got angry... but what I have to be careful about is what I do with my anger. Remember the age-old "time-out" strategy for small kids? I've been doing that myself the last few days. As I catch myself about to raise my voice or react angrily, I tell my DH and little boy I'm taking a time-out... and I go away for at least 60 seconds. When I come back, my reactions are so much more rational.

Time-outs are not just for little kids anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home