Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Monday, July 05, 2004

Freedom Isn't Free

This July 4th was especially poignant for me as I looked back on what I was doing a year ago... or more importantly, what DH was doing. He spent the last year away from our son and I, on active duty for homeland defense. Now that he's back, I can really appreciate what he was doing. It's so easy to forget what our troops are doing overseas and at home, but this holiday reminded me that we can't take them for granted. DH and others like him were working hard to keep the rest of us safe and secure in the promises of the Declaration of Independence... that all of us are created equal. Isn't it wonderful to know that we are free to worship our Maker without repercussion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home