Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Old Habits Die Hard

Only old news hounds like me would get this. I got a scoop today. That still makes me feel good all over. Like, "nana nana boo boo, I got a scoop and you didn't!"

I know, it's silly.

But it just reminds me again what an awesome responsibility I have... and how lucky I am to do what I do. It would be so easy to crush someone's reputation if I weren't careful. So I strive to make sure everything I say on the air is the absolute truth. I choose each word very carefully, knowing even if I later make a correction, it's not the same as getting it right the first time.

Now God doesn't make mistakes. He doesn't have to go back and fix something later or soothe things over, because he got it right from the get-go. I am not perfect by any means, but I try to be as perfect as I can to follow that wonderful example, even in my secular work as a lowly radio reporter.

Thank you, God, for helping me to see you even in the everyday things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home