Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Reunion Wrap-Up

Just to re-cap:

I was *not* the fattest or ugliest girl there.

"Dressy casual" turned out to be date-night-wear -- I picked a pair of black slacks, put on heels instead of flats, and a pink blouse and considered myself ready to go. I was neither over- nor under-dressed.

Everyone loved my hair.

People I never expected to say two words to me in a million years actually hugged me.

The first boy I ever had a crush on is gay and managing a book store.

The first boy I ever danced with, oddly enough, has a nearly parallel career to mine.

My best friend, "Scarlett"* from days of yore didn't make it to the shin-dig. *not her real name*

Sam-the-Man was by far, the cutest offspring of the class.

Most important of all, I finally got closure on a relationship that ended horribly and was able to part on friendly terms with both the guy and his adorable wife, which was really nice.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said…

    "The first boy I ever had a crush on is gay and managing a book store"

    I can relate...

    My first real girlfriend is now a lesbian.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home