Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Bad News

Have you ever seen a real tragic play? I mean, we're talking Oedipus Rex or King Lear. It seems like I've been living in one of those lately. Three deaths in my family from summer to now, plus the deaths of close relatives of several friends of mine. Then I've got another friend who just keeps getting bad news... I mean, really bad news. When does it end?

I think it's a lot of baloney when people tell you God never gives us more than we can stand. I don't think the Bible says that. But I do believe that he never gives us anything permanent. All of this is temporary. Isn't it comforting to know it's not here to stay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home