Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Homesick

I've been looking forward to next weekend for over a month. My mom has been in the hospital since the last week of March, but she's finally home, and I finally get to see her next weekend.

It's driving me crazy to wait, but I know if I'm patient, I'll get my reward. In the meantime, I still have to do daily things here that I would be doing whether I was waiting to go home or not.

Isn't that how it is for us as Christians waiting for Jesus? We still have to do our earthly duties... we can't just drop everything and wait for him. There were first century Christians who were so convinced Jesus was coming for them right then that they quit their jobs and sold everything... only to become completely destitute and require the help of their brothers and sisters to get back on their feet. But we look forward with anticipation and even a little twinge of homesickness.

Work hard, concentrate on the finish line... and be patient, and you'll get that reward.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Donna J. Shepherd said…

    Becky, that's so great you get to see your Mom soon!

    And yes - it's like that waiting for Jesus' return, too. We must plan as if He won't come back for a 100 years, but be prepared for Him to come in the next second.

    Have a good time with Mom!

    Donna
    Devotionals by Donna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home