Becky-dot-blog

She rambles a little, rants a little, and otherwise chronicles daily life in southwestern Virginia.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Lessons Learned

So I'm working on this series about MySpace and local teens, and I've come to a few startling conclusions.

1) Wow. Kids are having sex and drinking serious hard liquor with a lot more frequency and way younger than I would have believed!

2) Kids have absolutely no problem posting incriminating pictures of themselves (with beer, for instance, or chugging Jack).

3) I cAn'T sTaNd pEoPlE wHo TyPe LiKe ThIs... which is practically everyone under the age of 20, evidently.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said…

    I got a MySpace profile on the urging of few of the younger guys on my volunteer FD... It's actually a pain in the ass and loaded with spam.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger cantellya said…

    How does one type like that, anyway? Seems like it wouldn't be worth the trouble.
    I'll agree about the kid thing. We can only hope that most parents are raising their children to use common sense & good judgement....

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    i will do my best to make shure my son
    has common sense and good judgement.

    i was out drinking at a young age and had some bad things all most happen to me. my parents never new about anything. I dont want my son to have that happen to him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home